Just this week we took on a new listing, which had been tenant occupied. The tenants resided in the home for over one year so they were entitled to a 60 day notice to vacate. We starting the planning for our work prior to the tenant handing over keys Friday night. Here is a timeline of process we went through to get the home on the market.
- We worked with the tenants to ensure they would be handing over a very clean property. This ensured we didn’t waste time cleaning, and that the tenant got their deposit back.
- We got keys Friday and proceeded with painting on Saturday. The painters finished painting the entire condo in two days… walls, trim, and ceilings.
- On Tuesday we installed new carpets throughout.
- Wednesday was cleaning day. Even after the tenants left the place clean there was still clean-up from the painting and flooring projects.
- On Thursday we staged the property with furniture. The staging brought life to the condo, and staged homes sell for more money.
- Friday was picture day. We only hire the very best photographer in San Diego so we scheduled him a week in advance, just like we did all the folks who assisted us along the way.
- We got photos back from the photographer and put the listing up on Saturday afternoon.
- By Sunday we had three showings, and by Sunday night we had two offers over asking price… not bad for a little over a week’s worth of work!